- Published on Friday, 25 March 2011 15:05
- Written by Super User
An institution built on scientific cooperation:
The attractiveness of Université Paris-Est is based on the diversity of its different institutions: 2 universities, 5 grandes écoles, 4 research organisations, 80 laboratories and 2 competitiveness clusters.
List of members and associated institutions:
Université Paris-Est Marne-la-Vallée, Université Paris 12 Val de Marne, École des Ponts ParisTech, ESIEE Paris, École d’architecture, de la ville et des territoires à Marne-la-Vallée (EAVT), École nationale vétérinaire d’Alfort (ENVA), Institut national de l’audiovisuel (INA), Laboratoire central des ponts et chaussées (LCPC), Centre scientifique et technique du bâtiment (CSTB), Institut national de recherche sur les transports,et leur sécurité (INRETS), Pôle de compétitivité Ville et mobilité durables Advancity.
- Cities, environment and their engineering
- Health and society
- Image and media…
Université Paris-Est is focusing on some main fields based on highly social and economical values: sustainable development, health and well-being, information and communication technologies.
“A university supporting projects in its territory” :
Université Paris-Est is based mainly east of Paris, 30 mins from the centre of the capital by public transport. The east of the Ile-de-France region is experiencing full growth with one and a half million inhabitants and 600,000 jobs.
“International attractiveness” :
- A dynamic to be part of the European Higher Education and Research Area
- A choice of strategic partners in Europe and throughout the world
- An active policy of mobility among students, academics and researchers
“Six scientific departments” :
Université Paris-Est sets up a cooperation between academic and scientific programmes each including a specific doctoral school:
- Cultures and Societies
- Organisations, Markets, Institutions
- City, Transport and Territories
- Life and Health Sciences
- Science, Engineering and Environment
- Mathematics and ICST
Teaching subjects :
- Arts, letters, languages, social science and education science, history, geography, philosophy, political
- science, law, economics, management, tourism, banking, finance, administration, communication,
-Multimedia, telecommunication, business, marketing, sport, technologies, health medical studies,
- biology, geo-environment, urban engineering, civil engineering, transport, engineering science,
- physics, chemistry, mathematics, computing, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering.
A campus of international status :
Gathering research, education and living space
Quality infrastructures :
- a network of multi-disciplinary libraries
- student residences near the training centres
- a public transport network between the different sites
- a digital campus
A rich and dynamic cultural life :
- active support for student, associative and cultural life
- partnerships with cultural and sport centres, events venues and local authorities
A policy of hosting overseas PhD students and researchers :
BiCi Paris-Est / Welcome centre for incoming PhD students and researchers. BiCi Paris-Est can help researchers and their family before their arrival and during their stay at one of Université Paris-Est’s research institutes. BiCi Paris-Est can provide information and advice on administrative issues, help with housing searches, and offers practical information. BiCi Paris-Est also offers French courses and cultural events.
More info at: www.univ-paris-est.fr/bici